Friday, May 16, 2008

Once more from Österreich!

Well, that's about it then. The hours are winding down, and my last day in Wien is almost over. I leave diese schöne Stadt tomorrow morning to return to the States. This will be my last post from this side of the Atlantic, but I've enjoyed keeping this blog. I will continue updating in the States--there's plenty of partially drafted entries about Vienna that I just never had a chance to finish, plenty of observations I still want to share, and plenty of adventures lying in the months ahead. After all, I'm about to move to one of the largest cities in the world. New York City, here I come!


The past few days have been very surreal. I've said my goodbyes, I've been doing everything that I've wanted to do all semester, I've been stocking up on Viennese food/goods that I won't be able to find in the States, I've had my final fill of Melange and Kebab. But the finality of it all still hasn't quite hit home. I could go on living in this great apartment for ages, walking through the Naschmarkt each day, going to the Opera or Musikverein often, passing familiar sights that now remind me of this home. Reverse-culture shock is going to be fun, but I'll return one day.

Bis später, Wien. Danke für alles.

No comments:

Disclaimer

The views expressed on these pages are solely belonging to the author and do not reflect the views of the Fulbright Program, the U.S. Department of State or its partner organizations.