Wednesday, June 18, 2008

One Last Bow: Tribute to RENT

Rent opened in 1996 and soon became an international sensation. With a stage almost devoid of set and actors in everyday clothes, its appeal is in the complex characters who seem so raw, authentic, fascinating and yet universal. It is a story of love, loss, real life struggles, and friendship. This musical was a big part of high school for me, and I'm sad to see it close this September. At the Tony's last night, the current cast was united with the original cast to give one last tribute performance.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am going to take a break from being a mature college senior, return to my high school days, and give one last hearty, "ANTHONY RAPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

If you'd like, I'd love to try to get tickets to a show one weekend this summer. =)

Lanna said...

We should! The last Broadway/NYC show that I saw was Producers. And I'd love to try for Rent, though I'm not sure how many tickets there are for the lottery these days...

Disclaimer

The views expressed on these pages are solely belonging to the author and do not reflect the views of the Fulbright Program, the U.S. Department of State or its partner organizations.