Few non-Poles know much about Poznań, so here's some quick facts: Poznań is located in western Poland, and it is the capital of the Wielkopolska region. It's about a 2-3 hour train ride from Berlin, located about equidistant between the German and Polish capitals on the Berlin-Warsaw line. Poznań is Poland's 5th largest city (after Warsaw, Kraków, Łódź, and Gdańsk), and its Adam Mickiewicz University is regarded as the third best in all of Poland (and it was also the first founded after Poland reemerged as a state following WWI). If my population estimates are correct, Poznań is roughly the size of Portland, Oregon. It's a beautiful city that really mixes old and new.
Internet access will be limited for the first few weeks, but I will share more pictures, observations, and stories as they happen.
For now, do zobaczenia!

2 comments:
yay glad you got there safely and that you're settling in! that pic is gorgeous! i got your email but probably won't get a chance to respond to it until later in the week :) miss you!
Not mine though. I have some nice shots of the same square though, so I'll get them up as soon as I can.
Post a Comment