Even in Austria, a country that was not directly responsible and thus got off lightly for the events of WW2, there is at times a similar sentiment. There are memorials throughout the city not only to famous generals and Habsburgs, but also to victims of the Holocaust and WW2. After all, Hitler was Austrian by birth.
Just some things to think about.
Our center is offering a class on the study of the Central & Eastern European Jews, their struggles and conflicts; I like my course schedule, but I'm disappointed that I won't be able to take this class.
The internet has been very fickle lately (both at the apartment and at the student center), so apologies if I am not in touch. Additionally, I am finding myself focusing increasingly more attention on the election; it's frustrating though that I'm on a different continent and can't do anything but read blogs and articles. Also, I'll be traveling on Feb 5, and probably won't have internet access for almost a week after that big day! :(

2 comments:
bbc? I'm sure there will be coverage somewhere... the European newspapers I've been following at least mention the primaries.
Yeah, there will definitely be coverage. The problem is that I probably won't have much access to the coverage in English until Feb 10 or so. Well, I'm sure I have enough German that I'll be able to get the basics, but beyond that will have to wait.
Post a Comment